Refund requests should be submitted to the Registrar, Jake Blair (819 827-2462 or jake(at)soccerchelsea(dot)ca) who will compute the amount of the refund in accordance with this policy, as of the date of the request.
1. Soccer Outaouais establishes a date in the late spring of each year (date X) after which our soccer club must pay the FSQ member affiliation fee for a player who has registered for the summer season and after which that fee becomes a non-refundable amount.
1.1 Where a player withdraws without ever attending selections or a practice of any kind, the amount of the refund is the amount of the registration fee paid, less an administration fee of $25, provided the registrar is informed of the refund request before date X.
1.2 Where a player participates in selections or practices at least once but withdraws before their team plays a game, the amount of the refund is the amount of the registration fee paid, less an administration fee of $25 and less the amount of the FSQ member affiliation fee that Soccer Chelsea must pay (amount B set out in clause 3 below) respecting the player.
1.3 Where clauses 1.1 and 1.2 do not apply, and subject to clause 1.4 that applies to refunds for winter registrations, any refund that may be payable shall be computed in accordance with the clauses 2 to 7 below.
1.4 For all winter registrations. [Summer registrants who play in the winter pay only a registration fee. Players who did not play in the summer must also pay the FSQ member affiliation fee- see article 4.]
1.4.1 There is a full refund of registration fees if a player withdraws by giving written notice of their withdrawal to the registrar before their team’s first game;
1.4.2 There is no refund if a player withdraws after their team has played 5 games; and
1.4.3 If a player withdraws after their team’s first game and before their team has played 5 games, and provides written notice of their withdrawal to the registrar, the refund will be 75% of the registration fee paid less a $25 administration fee.
1.4.4 FSQ Member affiliation fees are non-refundable.
2. Subject to clause 7, there will be no refunds for any player who has played more than two league games or if the refund request is received after July 1. If the request is received before July 1 AND the person has not played more than two league games, the method of computing the amount of the refund is set out in clauses 3 to 6 below.
3. The amount of refund is the amount of the registration fee paid, less amount A, then less amount B, then less amount C, then less amount D (if any), where:
3.1 Amount A is a $25 administration fee;
3.2 Amount B is the FSQ member affiliation fee that Soccer Chelsea must pay to Soccer Outaouais (SO) in respect of the player, as set out in clause 4;
3.3 Amount C is the amount paid by Soccer Chelsea to the applicable league (LRSO, OCSL or LSSO Senior league) for the team on which this player played (including any applicable referee costs), as set out in clause 5, multiplied by one and divided by the number of players on the team when the player withdrew from the team and sought a refund; and
3.4 Amount D is the amount paid by Soccer Chelsea for the uniform (where applicable) received by the player, as set out in clause 6
4. The FSQ member affiliation fees in 2018 are:
4.1 U5-U18: $43
4.2 U19 and older: $56.00
4.3 Winter-Juvenile: $30
4.4 Winter-senior: $43
5 The team fees for the LRSO (Ligue regionale de soccer de l’Outaouais) league, for the LSSO (Ligue de soccer senior de l’Outaouais) league, and for the OCSL (the Ottawa Carleton Soccer League (which included ref fees) in 2018 are:
5.1 LRSO U10: $575 (7x7)
5.2 LRSO U12: $835 (9x9)
5.3 LRSO U14: $955 (11x11)
5,4 LRSO U16: $1080 (11x11)
5.5 LRSO U18: $1250 (11x11)
5.6 LSSO U19 and older, men and women: $1850 (11x11)
5.7 LSSO U19 and older, mixte division 2 and 3: $2750 (11x11)
5.8 OCSL O35 and 50+ The only amount paid by an OCSL player is the FSQ member affiliation fee: $56 [In 2018 the OCSL team fee is paid by the players on the team, not by the club.]
6. The uniform fees in 2018 for LRSO players are, for U5 to U18: $30.00
7. In cases involving serious (season-ending) injury after the team’s second game, but before July 1st, Soccer Chelsea will give a $25.00 discount off soccer registration fees for the player for the next soccer season registration, upon presentation of a doctor's letter verifying the injury, or written confirmation from the coach of the serious nature of the injury.
A U14 summer season player registers late, participates in selections and withdraws after one game, and requests refund to his coach on June 18 who informs the registrar on July 15. Player paid $220 in fees. There were 15 players on his team when the player withdrew.
We treat the request to the coach as a request to the Club. Refund is $220 less:
Amount B $43
Amount C:$955 divided by 15=63.67
Amount D: $30.00
The refund is therefore $58.33
A O35 Men summer season player who did not register late but withdraws after he played in two games and requests refund on June 30. He paid $56 in fees to the club.
Refund is $56 less:
Amount A: $25
The refund is therefore $31.00
A Senior Men LSSO League summer season player registered late and paid fees of $235. The player withdraws after he played three games and requests refund on June 30. Subject to clause 7, there is no refund, since the player played more than two games.
A summer season player withdraws after two games and requests refund on July 15.
Subject to clause 7, there is no refund, since the request for refund was received after July 1.
A summer season U14 player registers on March 10, participates in selections and then decides to withdraw entirely from soccer before attending any practices or playing in any games and before uniforms are distributed. The fees paid were $195.00
This player was insured and had to be insured to participate in selections.
The refund is $195 less:
Amount A: $25
Amount B: $43
Amount C and Amount D: 0
The refund is therefore $127
Last updated: March 17, 2018
Year of birth: